by Maisey Yates
Series: Fifth Avenue Trilogy #1
Published by: Harlequin
Genres: Contemporary Romance
TEN YEARS AGO ONE DEVASTATING NIGHT CHANGED EVERYTHING FOR AUSTIN, HUNTER AND ALEX. NOW THEY MUST EACH PLAY THEIR PART IN THE REVENGE AGAINST THE ONE MAN WHO RUINED IT ALL. Austin Treffen was born into a world of privilege, but behind its gilded doors lies a corruption so sordid New York's elite would never believe it—especially as his infamous philanthropic father is at its core! With everything he believed in shattered, how can Austin take down his father—risking his family name and those he loves—without any proof? Until one earth-shattering night with Katy Michaels unlocks not only their deepest, most passionate desires but also the key to bringing Jason Treffen's reign to an end. But with an intense sexual attraction that combines a heady mix of exquisite pleasure and sublime pain, will they satiate their thirst for revenge and each other…or lose themselves forever in the darkness?
I am excited to be a part of the Fifth Avenue Trilogy tour hosted by Muscle Media & Harlequin. Today I am going to share five reasons to curl up and read Avenge Me the first book in the series written by Maisey Yates. The overall series is about three friends, Alex, Hunter and Austin. Ten years ago, they lost a friend and now they are seeking revenge. Each has a role to play. The books are broken up and tell one friends part. What makes this cool is a different author tells one of the friend’s part. Exciting, right? Scandalize Me book two is written by Caitlin Crews and the third book Expose Me by Kate Hewitt. The covers are yummy-luscious and I thoroughly enjoyed Avenge Me. I will be sharing reviews of the other two books in their release month.
Five reasons to grab a cup of coffee and curl up with Avenge Me
1. The overall ARC for this series is both tragic and suspenseful. Politics, old money, and New York’s elite are all involved. Yates set up the tale wonderfully, and I am curious as to each friend’s part. The plot was very realistic regarding the tragic event and is intense. It is dark and made me shiver. The poison is far reaching, and I am excited to see how it all unfolds.
2. Characters. Yates gave us flawed, fleshed out, noble characters, and I connected with them. She allows them to grow as they work to do the right thing. She showed how one event does not just affect the people involved, that it spills out and permanently changes the lives of many. Austin was strong, yet fragile and intense. His struggles, guilt and fears tugged at my heart. Katy for all her issues is such a strong character. The things she has overcome, despite mistakes, will have you wishing her happy. I love that she refuses to settle.
3. Dominance and Submission make this romance hot, and address some of the misconceptions regarding this bedroom activity. Yates allowed me to understand the character’s emotions. It was tender, emotional, and I was swept up. The sex scenes are not overly graphic, but this is not a fade to black romance. The D/s is very vanilla and will appeal to a larger audience. There is heat, and the chemistry was downright hot.
4. Lessons and Love. The sexual attraction and heat developed fast, but then Yates slowed things down and allowed Austin and Katy’s relationship to develop depth. I loved their interaction, and how they made each other whole. The characters show amazing growth as they open up, confess secrets and deal with old pain, guilt and stress. It allowed me to connect and root for them.
5. The writing. Yates hooked me from page one. I was instantly drawn into the events of ten years ago, and the revenge. While the threesome’s plans were mostly kept a mystery what was revealed felt plausible, and Avenge Me flowed well, moving between the couple and the plot for revenge.
Avenge Me was an excellent start with fleshed out, believable characters and an overall ARC that has me excited. It deals with step one of the revenge plan, and I like that each book deals with one couple.
by Caitlin Crews
Fifth Avenue Trilogy #2
Release date: July 1, 2014
Hunter Talbot Grant III, sports figure du jour, wealthy beyond measure and disreputable by choice, has cultivated a reputation that masks the shadows of his past. When the opportunity to ensure financial destruction for Jason Treffen arises, he can’t refuse. But first he must shake off the woman sent to tame him! Zoe Brook, PR agent extraordinaire, never fails to transform a tarnished star. And Hunter’s no different. Except there’s a catch. Beneath their scorching mutual attraction, Zoe has a secret, she’s also been on the wrong side of Jason Treffen, and she has as much of a taste for revenge as Hunter does!
by Kate Hewitt
Fifth Avenue Trilogy #3
Release date: August 1, 2014
With ruthless determination, Alex Diaz has risen up from his deprived roots to become the head of a global media empire. But he has one last thing to achieve…avenge his friend by destroying the man responsible for her death, Jason Treffen. With stunning talk-show host Chelsea Maxwell about to interview Treffen live on TV, this is Alex’s chance.
He’ll use her show to exact a very public revenge—and seducing Chelsea, if needed, would certainly be no hardship. But he underestimates Chelsea and the attraction between them, and as their relationship deepens, Alex realizes that to annihilate Treffen could also shatter the life that Chelsea has built to protect herself….
I hope you check out this series! Below meet the authors and be sure and enter the fabulous giveaway. One luck US Caffeinated follower will win the Essentials for Summer Kit.
Fifth Avenue Trilogy
Meet the Authors
Maisey Yates author of Avenge Me
Maisey Yates found her very first Harlequin Presents book in a local thrift store. By the time she’d reached the happily ever after, she had fallen in love. She devoured as many as she could get her hands on after that, and she knew that these were the books she wanted to write! At age twenty-three, she sold her first manuscript to the Harlequin Presents line. Maisey lives in Southern Oregon with her husband and three children.
Caitlin Crews author of Scandalize Me releases July 1,2014
Caitlin-Crews-Author-ImageCaitlin Crews discovered her first romance novel at the age of twelve. It involved swashbuckling pirates, grand adventures, a heroine with rustling skirts and a mind of her own, and a seriously mouthwatering and masterful hero. Caitlin has made her home in places as far-flung as York, England, and Atlanta, Georgia. She currently lives in California with her animator/comic book artist husband and their menagerie of animals.
Kate Hewitt author of Expose Me releases August 1, 2014
Kate-Hewitt-Author-ImageKate Hewitt discovered her first Harlequin romance novel on a trip to England when she was thirteen, and she’s continued to read them ever since. Kate moved to England with the man of her dreams and sold her first short story to a British magazine. Besides writing, she enjoys reading, traveling and learning to knit. After living in England for six years she now resides in Connecticut with her husband and her three young children.
A Summer in the City Essentials Kit Giveaway
Never miss a post by adding Caffeinated to your Inbox
Your email address will not be shared with anyone